"Would you please follow me?"

August 28th 2013 - Last week, the editor of the magazine of DIE ZEIT, the paper I work for, asked me if I could perhaps do a tree-diagram for them regarding the things that can happen to you if you get held up at an airport by security or the police. Of course it was meant to allude to what happened to NSA-Whistleblower Edward Snowden and later to David Miranda, the partner of Glenn Greenwald of the Guardian.

But the diagram was also supposed to make sense to "normal people". And all of that, to be sure, had to be in line with a magazine's approach to news stories and politics, meaning that a degree of subtlety and humour would be appreciated.

So I came up with something. And because I actually quite enjoyed the whole affair and also because I really like the minimalist look of it (Thanks to the great Katja Kollmann!), I decided I would share an exclusive English version with you folks. So here it is. Take it with a grain of salt.

Cheers, Y.


PS: (c) DIE ZEIT / ZEITmagazin

PPS: The German original version is in today's issue of DIE ZEIT and I highly recommend you buy it because it is a really good edition.



No comments:

Post a Comment